Welcome to the home of
The Yorkshire Imperial Band
Established in 1936 as the Yorkshire Copper Works Company Band. The band soon set to work on becoming one of the finest bands in Yorkshire. In 1958 the band took on the name Yorkshire Imperial Band and has informally become know as Yorkshire Imps. In the band's history, we have won the National Championship Title of Great Britain in 1978 and The British Open in 1970, 1971 and 1980. In 2005 we became the first band to win a national title in both the Championship section and 1st section.
To find out where to see us next visit our events page.
Booking The Yorkshire Imperial Band
The ‘Imps’ are highly sought after for concert appearances as part of national concert series and fundraising events at a more local level.
We are able to offer a wide range of program material to captivate your audiences. In recent years we have featured music from The Musicals, helped celebrate the Jubilee with patriotic classics and even put together a one off show - 007:The Music celebrating the best of James Bond.
We are happy to discuss your unique requirements and tailor a show to you. Just get in touch. Booking Yorkshire Imperial isn’t as expensive as you might think, although you get a professional service, we are all amateur musicians looking to keep this great historical band alive long in to the future.
Newly Released: Simply Imps
Discover the musical marvel that awaits you with Yorkshire Imperial's latest release, 'Simply Imps.' This captivating CD takes you on a transcendent journey through a diverse range of genres, paying tribute to the band's esteemed members of the past while showcasing the extraordinary talents of our present soloists. Whether your heart yearns for the powerful rhythms of marches, the enchanting melodies of musicals, the timeless beauty of classics, or the infectious energy of jazz and popular hits, 'Simply Imps' has it all. Each track is meticulously arranged and passionately performed, leaving you spellbound and craving for more. Immerse yourself in the brilliance of 'Simply Imps' and experience the essence of musical excellence. Yorkshire Imperial – where tradition meets innovation, and where the spirit of music shines brightest.
1. Heroic March from Epic Symphony by Percy Fletcher
2. Festive Overture by Dimitri Shostakovich, arranged by Peter Kitson
3. Don’t Cry For Me Argentina by Andrew Lloyd Webber, arranged by Gordon Langford
4. Magh Seola, by Gerard Fahy, arranged Sandy Smith, Flugel Soloist Dawn Sellors
5. Feeling Good by Newley & Bricusse, arranged by Stefan Schwalgin, Trombone Soloist Richard Midgley
6. Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, arranged by Christopher Bond
7. Napoli, by Hermann Belstedt, arranged Andrew Owenson, Cornet Soloist Alan Fowler
8. Gresford by Robert Saint, arranged Robert Collinson
9. Love of my Life, by Freddie Mercury, arranged Svein H Giske, Baritone Soloist, Darren Sunderland
10. When The Saints, Traditional, arranged Mark Freeh
11. The Rowan Tree, Scottish Air, Arranged Sandy Smith, Horn Soloist Christopher Newbery
12. Largo Al Factotum, by Rossini, arranged Stephen Roberts, Bass Trombone Soloist Jason Nowell
13. Alloway Tales, by Peter Graham
14. California Dreaming, by Phillips & Gilliam, arranged Adam Taylor
To get your copy email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our merchandise stand at one of our upcoming concerts.